Wednesday, February 10, 2010

a brighter future



“Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.”
~ Dale Carnegie


I am absolutely in love with bright, bold, innovative makeup design. I stumbled upon this New York Times article on beauty companies offering brighter options for the modern women's makeup palette.

Would you take a chance, and try a brighter shade of your favorite shadow? I am trying to take more risks this year in the beauty department, so maybe I'll just have to invest in some Urban Decay glitter liner for an unexpected addition to my daily makeup routine.

I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring out some sparkles!


Above photos: Elizabeth Lippman for The New York Times

And on the note of sparkles... I had the opportunity to do a photo shoot with my school's cheerleaders for the front page of our school newspaper. I loved watching them all get ready with their bright stage makeup. When we took a trip outside, in the sprinkling rain with gray skies above, I loved how their makeup, poms, and uniforms still popped!


Applying makeup for the shoot...


All smiles, despite the gray weather...


Giggling and holding hands!


I love this industrial look of the chain link, with their bright expressions and poms!


I'm a sucker for hair ribbons!


I love the way the silver bleachers contrasted with the red!


Three cheers for cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment